Connect your iOS device with your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. It will copy and save your device’s data and setting. Many customer want to view the backup content in their computer, but because all the file name has encrypted excepted four info files.
Whats details information in your iTunes backup?
An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:
- 1. Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks (You can back up this content using Transfer Purchases in iTunes.)
- 2. Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
- 3. Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
- 4. Touch ID settings and Apple Pay information and settings
- 5. Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)
Here is one screenshots about iTunes backup.
When you open iTunes backup location, there are a lot of files which named with 40 length characters, except four files: info.plist, Manifest.plist, Manifest.mbdb, Status.plist.
Filename with 40 characters is actually a domain + path from the file from iOS device and then do a SHA1. Such as the path /var/mobile/Application/Notes/Library/Preferences. It’s domain is AppDomain, the path is /Library/Preferences, these two together AppDomain_Library/Preferences, then do a SHA1 get a 40 file name. And you can choose iTunes extract tools to read and export them from iTunes backup.
- 1. Info.plist, which records information about backups, such as iOS device name, iOS version, build version, backup date, serial number and more.
- 2. Manifest.mbdb, which records all information about iTunes backup real filename, file directory and struct. And which iTunes backup is matched with iOS device file, but it need to analysis binary file.
- 3. Manifest.plist, which records the information about installed applications. And if you can’t find the info.plist or you made uncompleted backup, you can read most part of iOS device information here.
- 4. Status.plist, which records the status of iTunes backup, if the iTunes backup has finished.
Here are some important database files in iTunes backup.
1. Contact database: 31bb7ba8914766d4ba40d6dfb6113c8b614be442
2. Sms/iMessage database: 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28
3. Note database:4f98687d8ab0d6d1a371110e6b7300f6e465bef2(above iOS 9) ca3bc056d4da0bbf88b5fb3be254f3b7147e639c(under iOS 9)
4. Call database:5a4935c78a5255723f707230a451d79c540d2741(above iOS 9) 2b2b0084a1bc3a5ac8c27afdf14afb42c61a19ca(under iOS 9)
Any more questions or need help from us?
Contact our support team here.